Peter is the co-founder and producer of the Creative Cities Summit , an interdisciplinary event that brings together practitioners around the big idea of the city. The most recent Summit, held in Detroit, Michigan in October of 2008, drew over 700 attendees and speakers from all over the world. Peter is also one of the founders of the Sarasota International Design Summit presented by the Ringling College of Art & Design. He has been the show’s coproducer and the host and moderator since 2007.
He has worked with Richard Florida and his team on several projects, and with Charles Landry, author of “The Creative City” and founder of Comedia, the U.K.’s leading cultural development consultancy. He is currently producing a documentary film about Landry. He is the past president of Creative Tampa Bay (2005-07), a grass roots, not for profit organization championing the creative economy in the Tampa Bay area.
In 2007-2009, he organized and led groups of community leaders from Northern Ireland on their learning tours of the United States, looking at creative cities and innovative community development projects in Washington DC, Chicago, Baltimore, Austin, Memphis and Tampa Bay.
In 2009 he is working on conferences in Toronto and Philadelphia and will be working in England over the summer with the Creative Industries Development Agency. Recent engagements include:
• Hillsborough Co. Task Force on Economic Stimulus
• Creative Cities Summit - 2004, 2008
• Sarasota International Design Summit - 2006-08
• Florida Redevelopment Association – 2008
• Sarasota Young Professionals - 2008
• ULI Tampa Bay – Young Professionals -2007
• Great Towns Conference, York, UK – 2006
• World Culture Open, Kigali, Rwanda – 2006
• Global Creative Economy Convergence Summit – Philadelphia, US – 2006
• Global Village on the Move , Perth Australia- 2005
• Creative Catalysts, Perth, Australia - 2005